"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there". ~The Perks of Being a WallfowerEveryone is different. We have different perspectives, different thoughts, different looks, different everything. There isn't one person in the world who is the exact same as another person. Everything about you, your hair color, your body shape, your feelings, they all make up your identity. My identity is made up of a variety of things. My external identity is my blonde hair, my green eyes, my big shoulders, my chubby cheeks. My internal identity is funny, caring, loving and kind. I hope to someday write and direct a film. That's why I included a camera in my photo.
You shouldn't change what you look like for other people. The way I look is the way I look. You have to accept the things you cannot change. I hope to stay active and fit for the rest of my life, but being active and fit means exercising and staying healthy. Starving yourself and skipping meals is not how people should expect to look pretty. Skin and bones is not attractive. You don't have to like how you look, you have to accept how you look. Once you have, you worry less about how people look at you.
"But she would never forgive me for treating her as if she were below me" (Chevalier 2). Griet had treated Tanneke with very little respect, which had then crushed a friendship. Griet thought she was better than Tanneke because she was helping the master. You need to stay true to who you are. If I'm not who I say I am, how do I ever expect to accomplish my dreams? "I turned and walked from the room, down the stairs and through the doorway, pushing aside Tanneke" (Chevalier 2). Griet made a decision to stand up for herself and leave the Vermeer's. She did what was best for herself and ignored any consequences. I want to be able to do this when I'm older. Sometimes I need to put myself first rather than thinking about what other people will think. If I want to be a director, I have to ignore everyone pulling me down. I have to stay true to myself and put myself first.

A connection I personally can make to this is I also need to stop thinking about what other people might think in situations and just going for it. This will make me more confident and independent. Something that really stood out to me was the camera in your image. I think this is a great symbol because it is big in your image and it is what you want to do with your life. I hope you achieve this goal to write and direct a film, if it is really what you want to do. You shouldn't let anyone hold you back.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog Maria! Even though I hated the book with a burning passion, I actually do like your quote lol. I agree with like everything you said. You are a really accepting person, and you have a lot of respect for yourself which is easy to see. I really like how you said you need to stay true to yourself to accomplish your dreams too, because I know you're aiming high to become a film director and I'm glad you're not going to let anyone talk you out of it, that's pretty inspirational. Your blog is darling hun(: xo
ReplyDeleteWow! I love how clear you made it that people should be confident and true to there selves like you do! Everything you said was very inspiring and really stood out to me! I love how in you picture the camera is in front of you, like no one will get in the way of what you want to do. Kind of like the quote you mentioned about Griet pushing past Tanekke and going where she wanted to go. I'm not sure if you meant it to be portrayed like that, but that's how I interpreted it!
ReplyDeleteMaria I like how you say everyone is different and that their internal characteristics are different from their external characteristics. I also like how you say that you shouldn't change for anyone. I like your quotes because the quotes can reflect real life and how things are. Love love love the perks of being a wallflower quote.
ReplyDeleteMaria, I just have to start out by saying that you are in defiantly a mega Logan Lerman fan! However, on the more serious side of thins I really like the way that you described all of your picture included you goal in life. Work hard and you will get there! I also, have to agree with the fact that you shouldn't change to be someone who you aren't and who you don't want to be. I also like, that you aren't afraid to embrues who you are, without anyone having a say in what you do, and who you will be! Great job Maria!
ReplyDeleteMaria, I adore this picture! Its so fun and cute and just shows your personality so well! I love how you have the camera in the picture to symbolize your amazing photography abilities! You describe yourself so well in this picture and i just love it! You are so amazing and beautiful!(:
ReplyDelete